Composites Automation, LLC (CA) is a Delaware-based small business founded in 2001, conducting research and development in composite materials and structures and located in close proximity to the University of Delaware – Center for Composite Materials (UD-CCM). CA has on-going research programs through SBIR and STTR grants with the Department of Defense, NASA and Department of Energy, related to materials and manufacturing research and product development.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Position will be responsible to operate our short fiber pilot line during the second shift (2pm-11pm). This will include setup of the equipment, material production and proper shut-down. Other duties include maintenance or laboratory tasks as assigned.
- Understands the process, maintenance, and safety requirements of the short fiber pilot line.
- Operates machine and produces short fiber material meeting specifications.
- Generates and maintains quality records.
- Responsible for the safe operation and functioning of the equipment.
- Makes machine adjustments as needed.
- Assist CA and partner personnel with other research and development activities in composite materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident required.
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and 2 years of technical training in a scientific field or experience in laboratory work or hands-on manufacturing.
- Requires knowledge of laboratory or production equipment, techniques, procedures, and record keeping.
- Ability to work independently from oral and/or written instructions, develop operating practices, assume responsibility, and take initiative to perform tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accept and complete specific independent tasks to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to work well with personnel, communicate effectively, and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
With or without assistance, must be able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds. Requires dexterity in handling delicate and hazardous materials and the ability to accurately discern colors and measure laboratory materials. May require a valid vehicle operator's license.
Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
CA offers three weeks of paid leave, plus the same holiday schedule as UD, including time off between Christmas and New Year.